Table of Contents
Are you looking for the best dog food for an American bully puppy that can help him maintain his powerful muscles and overall health? Then, you have visited the right page.
The American bullies are good-looking and kind-hearted dogs that were created by mixing terrier and bullies breeds, so they have the greatest qualities of both of their parent breeds.
They were primarily bred as fighting hounds, but their good temperament and friendly natures have made them much-loved family canines.
These “bodybuilder” pooches were recognized in 2004 and are available in different sizes, from small to large. They are easy to train; therefore, families happily adopt them.
If you have recently got your first bully, you are undoubtedly feeling a little worried about fulfilling your new family member’s nutritional needs.
Generally speaking, this breed is remarkably healthy, but you still need to provide them a comprehensive and balanced diet to thrive. To help them grow properly, you should feed them food that is rich in premium quality protein so that they can accomplish their full size.
Also, there should be a sufficient amount of fat, vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, and antioxidants. They are prone to joint-related problems, so look for a food that has glucosamine and chondroitin to help strengthen their muscles and joints.
As there are countless dog foods available out there, so it can be hard for you to find the right formula that is affordable, well-adjusted, and nutrient-rich without compromising on quality.
Thankfully, to save you from the tiresome undertaking of going through each item ingredient list, we have prepared a list of the top ten best food for a micro bully puppy that caters to the vital dietary needs of bullies.
Since all dogs have different nutritional needs and limitations, and bullies are no exception, so we have also included an American bully puppy feeding guide.
Best Dog Food For American Bully Puppy List
|Top||BULLY PERFORMANCE BP16932 All Life Stage Dog Feed Bag44; 40 lbs||Buy Now|
|Top||Maximum Bully Chicken and Pork High Performance, Premium Dry Dog Food Formulated for All Breeds||Buy Now|
|Top||VICTOR Classic - Hi-Pro Plus Dry Dog Food||Buy Now|
|Top||Amazon Brand - Wag Dry Dog Food Beef & Lentil Recipe with Wild Boar (30 lb. Bag)||Buy Now|
|Top||Wellness Core Natural Grain Free Dry Puppy Food, Small Breed Puppy, 12-Pound Bag||Buy Now|
|Top||Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Natural Puppy Wet Dog Food, Chicken 12.5-Oz Can (Pack of 12)||Buy Now|
|Top||Wellness Complete Health Natural Wet Canned Puppy Food, Puppy Chicken & Salmon 12.5-Ounce Can (Pack of 12)||Buy Now|
|Top||Nulo Puppy Grain Free Canned Wet Dog Food (Turkey Cod & Sweet Potato Recipe, 13 oz, Case of 12)||Buy Now|
|Top||CESAR Puppy Soft Wet Dog Food Classic Loaf in sauce Chicken & Beef Recipe, (24) 3.5 oz. Easy Peel Trays||Buy Now|
|Top||Victor Chicken & Rice Formula “Pate” Dog Food - Canned, 12/13.2 Oz. Cans||Buy Now|
1. BULLY PERFORMANCE BP16932
Bully Performance is a line of canine food items exclusively aimed to cater to the dietary requirements of bully breed pooches. They currently have five items under their belt including, dog food, supplements, bully bites, and others. If we talk about this particular formula, it is an optimal choice for picky eaters. It features two premium quality meat protein sources that aid to develop lean, strong muscles.
Besides, it does not contain corn, soy, gluten, and byproducts, so you can feed it to your pup with a sensitive stomach without any hesitation. The food’s general configuration makes it highly suitable for all breeds that have high energy needs. We loved it because it is very palatable and tasty, so your dog will surely fall in love with it. This easy-to-digest food flaunts omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for healthier skin and a thicker, shinier coat. Its cost is a tad bit high, but it provides high-quality results for your mutt that you can witness.
- Bully Performance best puppy dog food is specifically made to help your dog grow lean muscles.
- It boasts 30% protein which is primarily received from real chicken, which also is the fundamental ingredient.
- The meat comes from two sources: chicken meal and fish meal. The secondary ingredients of this delicious recipe are whole brown rice, grain sorghum, dried beet pulp, etc.
- The food compounds that are integrated into it have a higher quantity of calories; thus, it is a fantastic fuel for enhancing his daily activities.
- Furthermore, it includes antioxidants and omega fatty acids for healthy skin and a shiny coat.
- To support the development of bones and teeth and proper functioning of the cardiovascular system and nerves, vitamins and calcium are inserted in it.
- Best of all, it is free from corn, soy, preservatives, and byproducts; that’s why; we have placed it at the #1 position in our list.
- Crude Protein (Min.) 30%: Plays a significant role in hormone creation.
- Crude Fat (Min.) 20%: Helps the body operate normally.
- Crude Fiber (Max.) 3.5%: Helps in bowel regularity.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid (Min.) .3%: Supports the development of nervous tissues.
- Omega 6 Fatty Acid (Min.) 4.23%: Important for normal growth and reproduction.
As a pet parent, if you want to maintain your hound’s health, weight, and strength, then we would recommend you to give this food a try. It is manufactured to meet the individual nutritional needs of bullies.
2. Maximum Bully Chicken and Pork High Performance
As American bullies belong to large breed dogs, so they need a diet that is packed with nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants to develop and sustain their gigantic physique. With the maximum bully chicken and pork high-performance food, your pup has an assurance of all the vital nutrients in just one serving. It is the best dog food for American bully puppy that features 32% protein and 22% fat. Hence, it is a remarkable formula for your canine to develop lean and strong muscles.
Its primary ingredients are chicken and pork, while flaxseed meal, rice bran, barley, oatmeal, and chicken fat are its secondary ingredients. Flaxseed and fish meal are full of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that are essential for proper eye and brain development. Also, they keep the skin and coat healthy and clean. On the other hand, the mixed tocopherols are present to make sure the chicken fat remains fresh for a prolonged duration.
- Provide your four-legged family member a mouth-watering dry kibble created with a high proportion of real chicken and pork.
- This dry food contains 32% of protein and 22% of fat.
- Maximum bully chicken and pork high-performance dog food are manufactured with several protein sources, with real chicken and pork meal as its two primary ingredients.
- It is formulated to help adult canines attain a healthy weight.
- It is an outstanding choice for large breed puppies at every life stage.
- Also, it is designed to be nutritionally whole, so you can rest assured that your little one is acquiring all the minerals and vitamins he requires to stay healthy and fit.
- With a higher percentage of fiber, this best dry puppy food keeps your pup highly energetic during the running and weight-pulling sessions.
- Puppies, as well as senior hounds, can easily digest it.
- Crude Protein Minimum 32.0%: Supplies amino acids for making skin, hair, and other body parts.
- Crude Fat Minimum 22.0%: Incredible source of energy.
- Crude Fiber Maximum 4.0%: Creates a healthy intestinal pH that prevents the formation of bad bacteria in the dog’s gut.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids Minimum 0.3%: Helps in maintaining the normal immune response.
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids Minimum 4.0%: Essential for healthy skin and many other functions.
From your newborn dog to your senior mutt, the Maximum Bully dog food will be there throughout every phase of your furry friend’s life. This superb food is nutritionally complete, so it will give you mental peace at every mealtime. It is explicitly made for the specific needs of bullies, so you can feed it to your puppy with great confidence.
3. Victor Classic – Hi-Pro Plus, Dry Dog Food
Victor Classic Hi Pro is one of the top-rated dry dog foods currently available on the market. This nutrient-rich, multi-meat recipe is jam-packed with fish, pork, beef, and chicken that are sourced from the United States. Each bag of this budget-friendly formula offers the high levels of quality protein and sustained energy required for young pups, pregnant and nursing bitches, and extremely active mutts to be at their best. It has all important nutrients to promote overall health and wellbeing, specifically vitamin A, B12, D3, and E, omegas, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, and more.
If your puppy is overweight or sits still the entire day, then we would not recommend feeding it to him because the high content of fat could lead him to obesity. We are also feeding it to our 5 months old giant breed puppy, and he seems to love it. His poop has become much more solid and consistent. Besides, he is super energetic and has bulked up very nicely. On top of everything else, as a picky eater, he has not thrown it since we transitioned.
- Victor Classic Hi-Pro is yet another nutrient-dense dry dog food that is produced with pork, chicken, beef, and fish to provide higher levels of protein to extremely active mutts.
- It is enriched with minerals, vitamins, amino acids, antioxidants, and fatty acids that improve the immune and digestive systems.
- It is generated for growing canines to meet the nutritional levels set by AAFCO for all life phases, except large and giant dogs that weigh more than 70 LB as an adult.
- If your pup does not have any specific nutritional needs, then it is an ideal option.
- The high levels of nutrients, including protein, make it an extraordinary option for pooches in dire need of additional protein, such as pregnant bitches or those who are recovering from an injury.
- However, don’t feed it to dogs with joint-related problems because it does not have glucosamine.
- Crude Protein 30.0% (Min.): Repairs body tissues.
- Crude Fat 20.0% (Min.): Important energy source.
- DHA 0.1% (Min.): An omega 3 fatty acid required for eyesight and cognitive development.
- Zinc 150 Mg/Kg (Min.): Involved in various metabolic processes.
- Vitamin E 150 IU/kg (Min.): Essential for dog’s liver, immune system, and muscles.
If you are looking for the best dog food for an American Bully puppy that can help him grow at a steady rate, then opt for Victor Classic Hi Pro Plus. This grain-free recipe is fortified with minerals, vitamins, protein, and many other nutrients. Its only downside is that it includes brewer dried yeast that is unsuitable for puppies with a delicate tummy.
4. Wag Dry Dog/Puppy Food
Easy to digest and lip-smacking, this beef and lentil recipe from WAG’s latest dry food line won’t remain in your cutie pie’s dish for a long period. The first ingredients are rich in superior quality protein, with beef complemented by beef meal, pea protein, and potato protein, enhanced by chicken fat and eggs. The 35% protein helps keep them at their bounding best. Best of all, it is grain-free, so it is a perfect option for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies. It has the right balance of minerals, omegas, and vitamins for improved health and wellbeing.
On the other hand, the good fat proportion also ticks the box, with both flaxseed and salmon oil delivering the necessary omega fatty acids, including DHA. In this wag food, there is a limited quota of fruits and veggies, but it’s not much of apprehension because you acquire probiotics that are responsible for keeping everything calm and happy. Just keep in mind—as it is a protein-dense recipe, so you should introduce it to your baby slowly to avoid stomach upsets.
- Wag best food for American Bully puppy is a terrific choice for those canine owners who have a restricted budget as it is reasonably priced.
- Real American beef is its primary ingredient, which provides fantastic nutrition as it is high in protein as well as fat.
- It does utilize a small assortment of legumes, including lentils and peas. Both of them are dependable sources of carbs and are preferred by countless people to grains.
- The great quality ingredients are unified in the USA for quality control, and each bag is tested and verified to guarantee it meets your high standards.
- When it comes to its nutrient bank balance, all the essentials are present.
- Moreover, it is free from corn, soy, wheat, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives, so it will be gentle on your pup’s delicate stomach.
- Crude Protein 35% Minimum: Manages numerous bodily functions
- Crude Fat 15% Minimum: Provides them energy.
- Crude Fiber 4.5% Maximum: Prevents the development of undesired bacteria.
- Zinc 150 Milligrams/Kilograms Minimum: Critical for a healthy immune system.
This puppy formula is an excellent all-rounder dry kibble, especially for those who have a tight budget. If your pooch does not have specific needs and allergies, then you can feed it to him without overthinking.
5. Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Small breed dogs have different dietary needs than large and giant breed dogs, so it makes sense to feed them a formula that is exclusively manufactured to take these differences into account. Luckily, the small breed recipe from Wellness is yet another superb option that is supremely popular with puppy owners. The company has inserted extra chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine in it to promote your precious one’s joint health.
Furthermore, it is loaded with an ample amount of omega fatty acids; the credit goes to flaxseed and salmon oil. Most importantly, it is anticipated to accommodate the overall caloric and energy requirements of small breed puppies. It is the best dry dog food for American bully puppy as it comes with 38% protein-based ingredients. This formula makes use of deboned turkey, turkey meal, and chicken meal, so it will be a very delicious meal for your canine, even if he is a picky eater at times.
- Wellness Core natural grain-free food is a premium quality dry dog food.
- Its nutritional outline is above average, and it provides substantially higher percentages of protein and fat.
- The protein is flawlessly balanced with nutrient-dense superfoods for a whole diet, with guaranteed levels of all the significant nutrients your little one needs to live a happy and healthy life.
- It is fortified with omega fatty acids sourced from salmon oil and flaxseed to support them stay energetic throughout the day. Also, it helps them get a healthy coat and skin.
- Moreover, it uses wholesome, natural, and non-GMO ingredients to ensure only the finest quality nutrition makes it to your adorable companion’s bowl.
- The protein-rich kibble has a smaller size and has additional DHA for eyesight and brain development.
- Crude Protein Not Less Than 38.00%: Important for maintaining life process.
- Crude Fat Not Less Than 18.00%: Provides them energy.
- Crude Fiber Not More Than 4.50%: Increases bulk and absorbs extra water.
- Calcium Not More Than 2.00%: Cells need it to transmit signals.
- Phosphorus Not More Than 1.40%: Essential component of bone.
- Vitamin E Not Less Than 400 IU/kg: Great for cell membrane, heart health, and immune system.
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) Not Less Than 0.10%: Crucial for neural development.
Small breed pooches are delicate and require a recipe that is explicitly designed to support them in their undertakings. We like it because there are no fillers, artificial colors, flavors, and refined grains. Along with meaty goodness, it is enriched by omegas, antioxidants, and probiotics for a healthy digestive system.
6. Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Natural Puppy Wet Dog Food
The best dog food for American bully puppy that is highly recommended and healthy will be #1 feed for any puppy parent as it supports muscle and brain development. Blue Buffalo homestyle recipe is a whole and balanced wet food for young hounds, full of protein-dense chicken, fruits, and vegetables. It is well-suited for doggies of all sizes and breeds as it utilizes natural ingredients to keep them energetic and help them develop properly.
Chicken, chicken broth, and chicken liver are its first three ingredients that provide them those mandatory amino acids they need to grow lean and strong muscles. In the secondary ingredients, peas, carrots, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes are included. The wholesome grains such as barley and brown rice are integrated to give them the complex carbs they require for energy. Furthermore, good content of fiber, minerals, and vitamins is also there for complete health. Best of all, the addition of DHA will improve their brain development.
- If you are searching for a high-quality and wallet-friendly best-wet puppy food, then give a shot at the Blue Buffalo homestyle recipe.
- It is packed with high-quality protein that comes from chicken, chicken liver, and chicken broth. Besides, it is enhanced with vegetables, fruits, minerals, and vitamins for overall health and wellbeing.
- This mouth-watering food will provide them adequate energy to run, jump, and roll the whole day.
- The noteworthy feature of it is that it can be served alone or mixed with dry kibble to further boost its taste.
- You can feed it to your dog with a sensitive stomach without any reluctance because it does not contain byproduct meals, corn, wheat, soy, and preservatives.
- The good news is that its price is very affordable, so it won’t break your bank.
- Crude Protein 9.0% Min: Provides amino acids.
- Crude Fat 6.0% Min: Necessary energy source.
- Fiber 1.3% Max: Helps in the creation of firm and formed poops.
- Omega 3 Crude Fatty Acids 0.3% Min: Necessary for brain development.
- Omega 6 Crude Fatty Acids 0.9% Min: Involved in cell functions.
If you want to feed your canine a balanced and complete diet with nutrition pulled out from a variety of organic ingredients, then the Blue Buffalo homestyle recipe offers exactly what you need. With this food, they obtain a higher dose of protein and fat. Also, it is filled with DHA and omegas for brain and retinal development.
7. Wellness Complete Health Natural Wet Canned Dog Food
Wellness is a renowned pet food company that uses superior quality meats, veggies, and fruits in its formulas to give growing mutts the right balance of energy, minerals, antioxidants, and other vital nutrients. Wellness complete health puppy recipe is made with authentic and natural ingredients to provide a guaranteed outstanding flavor that pooches crave. It is the best food for the micro Bully puppy as it is nutritionally balanced to promote the development of their teeth, bones, and organs. It is very easy to digest and flaunts omega fatty acids for a thicker coat and healthier skin.
Chicken broth, chicken liver, and chicken are its three fundamental ingredients and major sources of protein to keep them full of energy. We used to feed it to our Bully dog when she was 4 months old. She did not show any interest in eating dry kibble, so we switched her to this wet formula. After a few days of serving it to her, we observed that she was looking healthy and active than earlier. Also, her fur looked shiny, and there were no abdominal issues.
- “Holistic nutrition for growing puppies” is written on all wellness complete health wet food cans. The organization attains this slogan thanks to its commitment to incorporating 100% organic and real ingredients.
- This best dog food for American Bully puppy has nine percent protein that is received from premium quality meats.
- It has DHA and omegas, which are vital for their proper growth and development.
- The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant-rich vegetables are perfectly balanced to offer a whole diet full of nutrients your hound needs to flourish.
- It is designed to give your little bundle of joy the healthy skin, coat, immune system, and digestive system it needs to live a long life.
- Its specialty is that it is free from byproducts, fillers, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
- Its meaty consistency adds a mouth-watering taste to your pup’s dish.
- Crude Protein Min 9%: Helps them in muscle, skin, hair, and nail construction.
- Crude Fat Min 6%: Necessary for the absorption of nutrients.
- Crude Fiber Max 1%: Extraordinary resource for their gastrointestinal tract.
- DHA Min 0.04%: An omega 3 fatty acid which is vital for their neural growth.
This best puppy dog food is not only bursting with protein and antioxidants, but it is just as loaded with those critical vitamins and minerals like calcium and phosphorus, which means your mongrel will be well-defended from nutritional deficiencies. It is generated with all organic ingredients and does not have wheat, corn, and fillers.
8. Nulo Adult & Puppy Grain-Free Canned Wet Dog Food
Young puppies are tremendously active and eager to explore the new world around them. Therefore, you will need to feed them additional proteins and fats as well as value-added resources to develop their brain, heart, and digestive system. That’s what Nulo best food for American Bully puppy is all about. It features a distinctive formulation of nutrient-dense turkey, cod, and sweet potato to provide a well-adjusted and tasty food for your playful pooch.
With higher levels of DHA coming from salmon oil, you can feel more confident knowing that his brain and eyes will develop properly. On the other hand, balanced levels of phosphorus and calcium ensure they have strong bones and teeth. It is designed to keep your dog in good spirits. The brand has also added fruits and veggies to support their immune system.
- If your adorable doggie is a picky eater and does not like to consume dry food, then you can serve him this delightful Nulo puppy grain-free canned dog food. Trust us; he will scarf it down within a few minutes.
- It satisfies their yearning for meat while delivering them the nutritional consumption that their growing bodies need.
- Turkey, turkey broth, and salmon broth are its first ingredients and major protein sources that provide the optimum level of protein and amino acids that they need to thrive.
- Vegetables and fruits are also included in it for critical vitamins and minerals.
- Also, the food has additional supplements, which makes it a healthy food source.
- You can take advantage of it as the main diet for them or as a delicious topper for the best dry dog food for American bully puppy.
- Crude Protein Min 9.5%: Necessary for hormone generation.
- Crude Fat Min 5%: Lowers inflammation in their bodies.
- Crude Fiber Max 1%: Regulates bowels.
- DHA Min 0.05%: Promotes brain and eye growth.
Nulo adult & puppy grain-free canned wet dog food is all about organic ingredients, from top to bottom. It arrives wholly grain and corn-free and is packed with DHA and animal-based proteins, so you can give it to your puppy to transform him into a powerful beast he’s forever been destined to be.
9. CESAR CLASSICS Loaf in Sauce Gourmet Wet Dog Food
The CESAR classics loaf in sauce chicken and the beef recipe is produced to give your pup everything he needs to be healthy and playful. It is enhanced with minerals and vitamins to guarantee balanced nutrition for him. We have added it to our list because it is created with chicken as the top ingredient and without grains, so you can offer it to a dog that has a delicate tummy. Its tasty sauce will make him want to chow it down. It is very easy to serve and digest and comes in pate form, which is appealing to young canines.
Furthermore, their containers keep them fresh. The biggest drawback of it is that it can cause loose stools in some mutts, so be careful while serving it to your canine. As it is soft and refined, so it may stick to their gums, causing bad breath. Its number 1 ingredients are chicken, chicken liver, and beef lung that provide enough protein to help them grow sturdy muscles.
- CESAR best dog food for American bully puppy is crafted to meet the dietary requirements of growing hounds.
- Fortified with minerals and vitamins, this recipe delivers complete and balanced nourishment in every meal.
- It is formulated with real chicken and beef; every tray of it offers them a mouth-watering meal. To boost the flavor, even more, chicken liver and chicken broth are included in it.
- Best of all, as it is wet food, so it keeps them well-hydrated and is kind to their stomachs.
- According to reviews, puppies with sensitive stomachs are able to eat and digest it without disturbing their stomachs. It does not make them suffer from belly aches, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Crude Protein Min 9%: Helps them form strong muscles.
- Crude Fat Min 6%: Gives them the energy to perform daily activities.
- Crude Fiber Max 1%: Helps keep the digestive system healthy.
This best-wet puppy food is loved by many growing pups. If your little one does not show any interest in eating solid food, then this chicken and beef recipe may be the right fit for you. It’s gentle on delicate bellies, according to many puppy owners.
10. Victor Chicken & Rice Formula “Pate” Dog Food
Victor chicken and rice recipe is a fantastic option to give to your full-of-life hound. It is made by using high-quality ingredients, so you can be certain that it will keep their stomach and digestion unharmed. Many puppy parents have recommended it because it has helped them alleviate their pooches’ digestion problems. The main ingredient and protein source is chicken, so it seamlessly caters to the needs of active pups.
The brand has also included minerals and vitamins in this product to ensure your baby is being fed a well-balanced meal. It promises to improve their digestive health, but some puppies can experience bloating and other issues in their gastric tract. The majority of canned foods have an unpleasant smell, but it decreases the issues that produce bad breath.
- Victor chicken & rice formula “pate” dog food is a complete wet food that delivers all the carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, and proteins that puppies need to maintain their health.
- We like “Victor” because they don’t add artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives in their products, and this item is no different.
- They prepare foods with passion and put only premium quality ingredients that help them grow into strong and healthy dogs.
- This best wet food for puppies is easily digestible, which means your little one will not have an issue eating and digesting it if he has a sensitive stomach.
- It is designed to provide them sufficient energy, thicker fur, healthy skin, and beautiful eyes.
- Crude Protein Min 9%: Contributes to muscle development and tissue repair.
- Crude Fat Min 6%: This makes them feel energetic.
- Crude Fiber Max 1%: Important for the healthy digestive system.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids Min 0.5%: Required for proper cognitive growth.
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids Min 0.05%: Vital for various bodily functions.
This affordable and superior quality food has no artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. It relies on chicken, chicken broth, and chicken liver as the primary sources of protein. It is naturally crafted with additional vitamins, minerals, and trace nutrients for optimal health and vitality.
How To Select The Best Food For American Bully Puppy? (Buying Guide)
While choosing the right food for their needs, you have to bear in mind these key factors:
Amount And Quality Of Protein
If you want him to have lean and strong muscles, then pick food that provides a constant supply of superior quality protein from reliable sources. Animal protein delivers the requisite amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients that your baby needs in his diet.
Plant-based protein does not provide all the essential nutrients and is difficult to digest, but it is an incredible source of fiber. We would recommend you to search for food that features premium quality animal protein as its fundamental source. The food that has 30% or more protein is the best.
Before buying the best-wet puppy food, do in-depth research about the company to find out how it sources its ingredients. Nowadays, almost all firms integrate great quality ingredients into their products. Avoid ingredients that you can’t identify or pronounce—if you don’t understand what you are feeding him, it is better not to feed him in the first place.
These pooches have a heavy muscular physique; hence, their joints would require additional support than other mutts. Make sure the food you have selected has a great quantity of glucosamine and chondroitin to help strengthen and sustain their muscles. If it does not have either one, feed him supplements separately.
American bullies have sturdy exteriors, but they can be extremely delicate creatures and are famous for their food sensitivities and allergies. If you notice he licks his paws or has red or inflamed skin beneath his fur, there are greater odds that he may have an allergy.
To reduce the possibility of a reaction, avoid purchasing foods that are full of fillers such as wheat, corn, etc. These ingredients don’t have any dietary value and can make them suffer from gas and trigger allergies.
If you want a playful dog and an empty dish at the end of every serving, you need to select the best dry dog food for an American bully puppy that will satisfy his taste buds. Opt for pet food that has mouth-watering, superior quality meats, fruits, and vegetables.
Common Health Problems Of American Bullies
This dog breed is relatively new, having been around for almost 15+ years. It means there is little information on this breed. However, vets and breeders have made fairly correct assumptions about common health problems based on the breed they belong to.
Wet, raw, and dry food that you are serving to your puppy for a prolonged period may have serious bacterial impurity. For example, salmonella and coli are the major kinds of bacteria that cause diarrhea that may lead them to the hospital or even death if not treated at the right time.
Skin And Coat Allergies
They are prone to develop skin and coat-related allergies such as demodectic mange, dermatitis, and eczema. Therefore, you should feed them best dog food for American bully puppy that has higher levels of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to keep skin problems at bay.
When you make the best food for a micro Bully puppy at home, but without taking advice or approval from your vet or animal nutritionist, the diet becomes loaded with nutrition or lack of nutrition.
The imbalance of nutrients in the food leads your cutie pie to nutritional deficiency. The dietary imbalance could become a root cause of numerous health issues such as blindness and cardiovascular disease.
Hip And Elbow Dysplasia
The American bullies are also predisposed to develop hip and elbow dysplasia as well as luxating patella. So, you should give them food packed with glucosamine from a very young age to prevent these problems.
Eye diseases are very common in large breed dogs, such as cataracts, corneal ulcers, cherry eyes, etc. To prevent eye problems, food with high DHA and EPA content would be very helpful. If they are having vision problems, take them to a vet as soon as possible.
How Much Food An American Bully Should Eat?
Fulfilling their nutritional requirements is very important. During these developmental months, you are forming a base of health that will make a massive difference for years to come.
In the first few months of their life, let them nurture on their mommy’s milk. After the first 4 weeks, you should start feeding them small and easy-to-digest meals 4 to 6 times a day.
After 2 to 3 months, you can transition them from mother’s milk to the best dry dog food for American bully puppy and onto two to three meals a day.
Remember, they need to consume twice as much as a mature dog of identical size. The majority of food items have exact feeding instructions on the packaging.
A bully mutt is considered an adult when he has attained 90% of his anticipated fully grown adult size. He can reach adulthood at the age of 12 months.
A mature canine’s diet is referred to as a maintenance diet because now, they are no longer growing, so they don’t need extra calories. Instead, now their food will simply help them maintain their weight and health.
American Bully Puppy Feeding Chart
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is It A Wise Idea To Feed American Bully Raw Food?
The uncooked or raw diet has numerous health benefits. However, the raw meat features higher levels of harmful bacteria than cooked meat, so you should feed it to your dog with caution and consult with your vet first hand.
2. Is A Homemade Diet Beneficial For Bullies?
Homemade food seems to be an awesome idea, but you can’t opt for it without in-depth research prior. Dog food brands invest a lot of time and effort into ensuring their recipes have all the essential nutrients mutts require to live a healthy and long life.
3. What Is The Best Dog Food For American Bully Puppy?
You should hunt for formulas that are made of lean animal protein and boast an adequate percentage of fiber, fruits, and veggies. These large breed canines are susceptible to allergies, so avoid foods that are loaded with redundant fillers and additives.
4. What Is The Best Treat For My Bully?
The ideal treats for hounds are those that have only one ingredient. For example, freeze-dried pork, chicken, or lamb is an outstanding treat for them. We would advise you to avoid treats that contain tons of ingredients. The biggest advantage of one ingredient treats is that they have higher levels of protein and lower levels of carbs.
5. How Can I Help My Bully Dog To Gain Weight?
To help him gain weight, you need to sensibly pick a food that has an impeccable balance of protein, grains, carbs, and veggies. It should not contain a lot of fat, nor should it be too lean. As it’s a bully dog, so it should be heavy but look handsome at the same time.
6. What Fruits Can Bullies Eat?
They can eat mangoes, blueberries, apples, bananas, pears, raspberries, etc.
7. Is Rice Safe For American Bully Puppy?
Cooked white rice is safe for them. You can feed them plain white rice with boiled chicken sometimes to make them feel better when they are experiencing stomach-related issues.
8. How Do I Boost My Pooch’s Immune System?
If you want to improve his immune system, then follow these tips:
- Keep him clean
- Keep his weight in control
- Feed him healthy and balanced best dry puppy food
- Keep his bowl and toys clean
- Take him to the vet frequently
9. Do Bullies Need Water At Night?
It is better not to give her water at night time. Remove their water bowl after about 9 pm. This act gives you an opportunity to take her out for one last bathroom break before going into bed.
10. How Long Can An American Bully Puppy Go Without Eating?
It is necessary to feed them royal canin dog food every 5 to 6 hours. They should not go without eating for more than a few hours; otherwise, their blood sugar levels will drop. At the age of 4 to 7 weeks, they can go without food for approximately 5 hours. During the age of 6 to 8 weeks, they can survive without food for up to 8 hours, but we don’t recommend making them wait for this long because they are going through a swift growth phase.
The American bully belongs to a large breed, so they need a higher amount of meat-based protein to maintain their sturdy muscles. They need omega fatty acids for healthy skin and shiny fur, all of which can be found in the above-mentioned recommendations.
There are tons of foods available on the market that you can consider for your four-legged fellow. If your pooch has any underlying medical problems, consult with your vet before transitioning his food. Hopefully, you found our article on the “best dog food for American bully puppy” helpful. If you have any queries or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.